The purpose of washing mechanical seal ring
is to prevent impurity accumulation, the formation of air bags, to maintain and to improve lubrication. When the temperature of the washing liquid is lower, it has cooling effect. The main washing methods of mechanical seal ring are as follows:
1. Positive flush
1) Features: using the sealed medium of the working host and the pump outlet is introduced into the sealing chamber through the pipeline.
2) Application: it is used for cleaning fluid. p1 is slightly larger than p. When the temperature is high or there are impurities, cooler and filter can be set on the pipeline.
1) features: using the sealed medium of the working host, the pump is introduced into the sealing chamber at the outlet end of the pump, and then flushed and flows back to the pump inlet through the pipeline.
2) application: for cleaning fluid, and p
3. Full flushing
1) features: using the sealed medium of the working host, the pump is introduced into the sealing chamber through the outlet end of the pump through the pipeline, and then the pump is flushed and flows back to the pump inlet through the pipeline.
Features: the cleaning fluid compatible with the sealed medium is introduced into the groove of the mechanical seal ring for flushing.
Application: the pressure of the external flushing fluid should be 0.05-0.1mpa higher than that of the sealed medium, which is suitable for high temperature or solid particles. The flow of the flushing solution should ensure that it takes away the heat, and also meet the needs of washing, without erosion of the sealing ring. Therefore, it is necessary to control the pressure of the sealed cavity and the velocity of flushing. In general, the velocity of cleaning rinse solution should be less than 5m/s.
The slurry liquid containing particles shall be less than 3m/s. In order to achieve the above flow rate, the difference between the flushing liquid and the pressure in the sealing chamber shall be less than 0.5mpa, which is generally 0.05-0.1mpa. For mechanical seals with double ends, 0.1--0.2MP is recommended. The position of the orifice where the flushing liquid enters and exits the sealing chamber shall be set near the sealing end face and close to the moving ring side. In order to prevent the graphite ring from being eroded or deformed due to the temperature difference caused by uneven cooling, as well as the accumulation of impurities and coking, tangential introduction or multi-point washing of mechanical seal ring can be adopted. If necessary, the solution may be hot water or steam.